Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So...the FOURTH time is the charm!

Ok...being the rather astute student of War that I am ( believe me on this one...) I thought that my Air Command and Staff College National Security exam should be the proverbial "walk in the park". Heck, I aced the first exam (Leadership and Command) with a 90 percent without cracking the book open. My other Professional Military Education courses (Airman Leadership School, NCO Academy, the Joint Senior NCO Academy) were passed with flying colors (with again minimal looking at the book...I retook NCO Academy because I was being a smartass and decided to go for speed...instead of accuracy) .

So everything was/is my favor to just blow through this exam right...

WRONG!

First attempt...

took it...no preparation...

Failed. (66)

Ok...no big deal...I can prepare...
no test is going to lick me...

Second attempt...Failed (68)

Grr.....grumble...grumble...grumble...
this is stupid...
I should have passed this....
Ok....no big deal....

Third Attempt...
significant studying...used highlighters....
Failed (68)

WTF Man!!!!

Took several months away from book...
disenrolled and re-enrolled in course...
Fourth Attempt....

Scheduled test...with firm test date.
Opened book...read book cover to cover...
slept with book...took copious notes of study questions
Day before test...sleep lots before test.
Day of test...final study review...read responses to questions
Took test. Grumble...grumble...grumble....aced test.

About fricking time man!

On to the next module!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kiti said...

Hi! I'm glad to be hearing about your life, and praying that God continues to be miraculously blessing you with healing. Looks like we're both working for the AF Man, yeah? I'm in Ohio. I send hugs, and hope to be able to meet your lovely family some time.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Willow said...

Hey, congrats. FYI, Mary graduated from SDSU yesterday! Anthro major. summa cum laude

 

Post a Comment

<< Home